Re: [yast-devel] Registration Rest Api
  • From: "J. Daniel Schmidt" <jdsn@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:05:28 +0200
On Friday 18 September 2009 11:23:17 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* J. Daniel Schmidt <jdsn@xxxxxxx> [Sep 17. 2009 22:14]:
Run Registration:
---------------------------------

* /registration
POST
run registration and return the/a result
post data:

<registration>
<options>
<debug>2</debug>
<nooptional>1</nooptional>
<nohwdata>1</nohwdata>

This negation seems awkward. What's wrong with <optional> and <hwdata> ?
Boolean attributes should also get boolean values (i.e. 'true' instead
of '1').

When I wanted to update the docu to the wiki I reread your comment.
I agree that this negation looks awkward. This negation is not my invention.
It is part of the registration. To send optional and hardware data is the
default. It can be disabled using the negated switches.
When they are called "optional" and "hwdata" here one might expect that
omitting them might mean to not send the data - which is a wrong assumption.

Ciao,
Daniel

--
J. Daniel Schmidt <jdsn@xxxxxxx> SUSE Linux Products GmbH