Re: [yast-devel] use-activeresource: continuation
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:37:08 +0200
On Tuesday 22 September 2009 15:06:53 Josef Reidinger wrote:
Martin Kudlvasr write:

Now they can be used like this:

*** plugins/network/app/model/hostname.rb ***
class Hostname < YastResource
uses_interface "org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.network.hostname"
end
*** Example from network_controller.rb ***
Hostname.initialize_from_interface

^^^^
Hi, why you need this line??? I think that have it in before_filter is good
solution. What could be problem is that we should add some caching service
as resource_loader store link for already created module.

Yes, these should probably be moved to before filter, but that depends on each
plugin programmer's attitude.

To the caching thing ... in use-activeresource, the classes are statically
created so there is no motivation to cache them. We can cache the data using
a database, or cache the http traffic on
"any.domain/resources/any.interface.name.xml". Both will IMHO have the same
effect. The http proxy will be more transparent, OTOH caching in database will
not introduce any new dependency.

Martin

hn = Hostname.find :one
***