Re: [yast-devel] use-activeresource
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 23:58:56 +0200
On Thursday 10 September 2009 14:41:28 Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
But this means, that we'll have to solve controller name conflicts anyway.
If 2 of our partners develop a plugin with the same controller name, there
will still be a name conflict problem.

You still can have controller clashes in the client, how do you expect to
solve that?

PS: Later it would be nice to be able to get a URI from interface in a
RESTful way. Like:
resources/org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.time
instead of:
resources.xml?interface=org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.time

I feel we are now Java-ing the web :-)

If the client still has the "controller unique name" problem, we should may be
keep it simple on the service side too. I doubt someone building an appliance
will intentionally want two /network/devices controller with same name and
different APIs (they are still free to keep the API and change the
implementation)

Duncan