Re: [yast-devel] Registration Rest Api
  • From: josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 01:50:57 +0200
J. Daniel Schmidt napsal(a):
Hi hackers,

I want to share my current thoughts about the Rest Api for the registration.
Please have a look and feel free to comment and ask.

Registration Configuration:
---------------------------------
* /registration/config
GET
get registration server

returns:

<registrationconfig>
<server>
<url>https://myregistration.server.com/center/regsvc</url>
</server>
</registrationconfig>

Hi, just few notes.
Why get doesn't get certificate? Maybe someone find usefull to check
server certificate

PUT
set new registration server
the certificate is inclueded as well

post data:

<registrationconfig>
<server>
<url>https://somewhere.else.com/center/regsvc</url>
</server>
<certificate>
<data>
<![CDATA[
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIFIDCCBAigAwIBAgIJAPP6cY6saTFlMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAMIGPMQswCQYD
VQQGEwJERTEPMA0 ......... 60QTef32lxeuVH9Kve8gGZiMwDqcJfl
J8NLO3kNW3Zys2p4agg22yttmUs=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
]]>
</data>
</certificate>
</registrationconfig>

return value is the same as for GET

Run Registration:
---------------------------------

* /registration

I am not sure if you don't have problems run registration as controller
and have registration/config for configuration. Maybe you should use
another subdirectory for registration?

POST
run registration and return the/a result

post data:

<registration>
<options>
<debug>2</debug>
<nooptional>1</nooptional>
<nohwdata>1</nohwdata>
<forcereg>0</forcereg>
<httpproxy>http://my.proxy</httpproxy>
<httpsproxy>http://my.proxy</httpsproxy>
</options>

<arguments>
<argument>
<name>key</name>
<value>val</value>
</argument>
</arguments>
<registration>

returns:

<registration>
<status>finished|missinginfo|error</status>
<message>Some text to display</message>
<guid>systemsguid</guid>

<!-- in case of missing arguments -->

I think that missing argument should be reported as error, also another
controller handle it as error (I plan add specific exception for
arguments missing/invalid). Do you have any reason to respond it as
success response? Also status error is not good I think...thats reason
why status code exist, just report problem in status code and explain
problem in response. Don't mix success registration and problematic.

Josef