Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Registration RFC
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:30:11 +0200
On Wednesday 09 September 2009 13:11:40 Ladislav Slezak wrote:
On 8.9.2009 18:41, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
Well, as I only need to call a script I don't see the need to go over
DBus here. What about configuring sudo for the webservice user? Or using
a tiny setuid wrapper script? Security-wise this would make no
difference, as we can do everything via SCR-calls as root anyway. It
would just make things less complicated (1).

Or you could create a simple YaPI wrapper (written in Perl), then you could
use it over DBus the same way as the other YaST modules.

I wonder what YaPI means in this context. YaPI seems the way to go for a Perl
API.

If one makes a YaST module with function using the python or ruby bindings,
are those exposed on dbus by YaST?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST