Re: [yast-devel] WebYast: Documenting REST API - findings
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:28:36 +0200
On 7.9.2009 12:21, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
On Monday 07 September 2009, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

Currently we don't have any standard or guidelines how to document Yast REST
API.

The openSUSE Build Service and SUSE Studio use a tool to create the
documentation
from a simple text file specifying the API, and a set of files with example
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/docs/api/restility/.
One example how the generated docs look like is here:
http://susestudio.com/help/api/v1.

Thanks! This looks great!

The documentation format is simple and it should be easy to document our REST
API
using restility.

I'd like to integrate it into WebYaST, do you have an RPM package available
somewhere? If we use it in WebYaST we will need an RPM package in OBS, but I
haven't
found it there.

(BTW 'rake package' fails, it seems that some files are missing in the SVN
repository, e.g. lib/restility.rb and the version file.)

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer