Re: [yast-devel] yast-commit mails delayed by almost a week ?!
  • From: josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:10:11 +0200
Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
* josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Sep 02. 2009 10:41]:
Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm wondering if others also get yast-commit mails delayed by almost a
week. E.g. I received this morning a commit from last week Thursday.

I just opened bnc#536189 to track this down.

Klaus
---

I think that reason is that mail preserve time of commit. So if you
merge old commits to branch, then after push this mails have old date.
This is also if you don't push after commit.

Is it that people are pushing too late ?

Klaus
---

not necessary. If you want merge some changes from master to your branch
to reduce potential conflicts during final merge ( or you just want to
have in branch some new functionality from master), then you push to
your branch commits with old date and it send mail with date of original
commit, only show different branch (not master).

Josef