[yast-devel] Re: shutdown module
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:27:24 +0200
On 31.8.2009 16:20, Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
Hi,

+ The functionality for reboot/shutdown is already in the GIT repository,
+ the remaining part is UI look (how it shoulod look like and where it
+ should be available).

Thanks, Lado, for implementing that functionality!
When writing my first comment, I didn`t realize that it makes sense to
distinguish between logout and shutdown as the two actions may happen on
two different machines.
So therefore it would be fine for me, to leave the shutdown UI
functionality implemented as it is.

OK, thanks for the feedback. Then I guess we can mark the feature as DONE.

When the user clicks on shutdown/reboot I would ask to display a "are
you really sure?" pop up in order to prevent an unintended reboot/shutdown.

The popup is already there, more over reboot/shutdown is executed only in
"production" mode (the real mode). In "test" and "development" mode it's skipped
(it just pretends reboot/shutdown).

(Because I several times rebooted by own workstation by mistake ;-))

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer