Re: [yast-devel] UI documentation
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:21:55 +0200
On 08/27/2009 04:10 PM, Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
Hi,

please find some UI documentation on:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Docu/Style_Guide

The documentation includes:
* generic webYaST layout
* generic module layout
* overview dialog
* add wizard
* edit
* delete

Looking forward to your comments,

Martin

Yeah, it looks good. Just one note. Web service should be stateless as
you cannot restrict what user do (all attempt more or less fail). So
example that setting sound in three steps or adding DNS in three steps
is not good. It is common, that user set part and that part is
immediately save. If we don't do this in this step we could have serious
problems during unexpected user actions. So if we need add something in
more steps, then I think we should prefer have necessary settings in one
screen and set rest after add on separate page which immediately save.
So I hope that only wizard is base system settings, which save settings
after each step, so it is not real wizard as we know from yast, it is
just settings of necessary steps.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team