Re: [yast-devel] Webyast: REST error response
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:14:58 +0200
On Thursday 27 August 2009, Josef Reidinger wrote:
For our purpose I think that the best sollution is to
use our own error code which is not used, ( i that one which begin 4** is
good) and in body specify type of error, needed data for generate report
(like which permission mission and for which user) and english error
description. This error description should not use frontend, as it must
match type and print localized error description.

I would suggest to not go with an own error code, but use the existing ones.
This makes it easier for generic HTTP clients. A 400 fits for most normal
errors, and details can be given in the body of the response.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>