Re: [yast-devel] Webyast session with consultant
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:57:46 +0200
* josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 26. 2009 13:45]:
we should prefer using namespaces for routes -
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionController/Routing/RouteSet/Mapper.html#M000556

The resource registration code in webservice is using namespaces _if_
the controller is within a namespace.
And the latter is required if we want other contributors to ship their
own implementation. See "namespace for controllers (high)" in the
current TODO list.

Btw, I've spend quite some time looking at different possibilities for
routing and still believe the current solution is the best given the
contraints.

Keep in mind that routing in Rails is not(!) stored as urls (pathes), but
as controller/action combinations. The dispatcher parses the requested
url and tries to match it with stored controller/action pairs. Namespaces
for routes require the controller to be 'namespaced' (inside a Ruby
'module').

Klaus
---