Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:41:13 +0200
On Monday 24 August 2009 17:14:41 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 24. 2009 16:46]:
I only want that after click on next changes in form is saved even if
you don't press Save. (you can try it now in base system branch, where
it doesn't save settings from form after press on next)

Wouldn't it be easier to call a module 'as is', just with a special
parameter ('wizard') to change the Ok/Cancel buttons into Next/Back ?

I think that we should keep it simple. With Josef's proposal, the
module/plugin is still called "as is". No change to the modules is needed
except marking the Ok/Save buttons with some globally unique id. When the user
clicks Next, Save button will be clicked by ajax. It will find the submit
button by the id and it can also wait for the result. After that the Next
button will be clicked/submitted (still by ajax).

I think that Ok/Cancel serves a different purpose than Next/Back. By mixing
the behaviour of these 2, we would create a strong link between basesystem and
all other modules, which would be hard(er) to maintain. We would need all
other modules to:
- Have both Ok/Save AND Cancel button
- Placement of Ok/Cancel button will have to be the same in all modules
(otherwise user will be confused while base system setup)
- Use our special functions to generate the buttons.
The Back/Next buttons will be rendered differently for first and last module
from basesystem steps list (no button/Next for first, Back/Finish for last)

From my POV, using ajax to click on the save buttons is a better solution.

Martin Kudlvasr