Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:14:41 +0200
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 24. 2009 16:46]:

I only want that after click on next changes in form is saved even if
you don't press Save. (you can try it now in base system branch, where
it doesn't save settings from form after press on next)

Wouldn't it be easier to call a module 'as is', just with a special
parameter ('wizard') to change the Ok/Cancel buttons into Next/Back ?

You're making assumption about how an URL is contructed, this will
break with future updates. Better specify by controller/action.

OK...and without action is it OK to fallback to index action?

Prepare for specifying the action but leave out for the current
modules.

second field is boolean which indicate if first boot is already done.

I think this was discussed in a thread last week already and is not
needed iirc.

I do as we I understand from your mail:
quote:
"This belongs to the backend as non-privileged information. It can be
as simple as touching a file (e.g. below /etc/webyast).
As long as the file does not exist, the user is forced into the
basic setup workflow after login.
If the file exists, the user is redirected to the controlpanel
after login.
"

It is simple checking of file existency, but this information must be on
rest-service side, so in xml is result of File.exist?...I think it is
efficient.

Ah, now I understand. I just didn't get the 'link' from your initial
explanation. Sorry for the confusion.

Klaus

---