Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:46:43 +0200
On 08/24/2009 04:38 PM, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 24. 2009 16:03]:

Yes, I think so. The 'basic setup' should just call other modules in
the right order. When one module is done, it should save the changes.

OK, then we must find some way how to ensure it. I think the best
solution is that each module must have something like general safe form
button which is called by javascript on "next" button
and maybe same after filter in application controller that in wizard
mode redirect after submitting this form to control panel.

I still haven't fully understood what you're trying to accomplish here.

I only want that after click on next changes in form is saved even if
you don't press Save. (you can try it now in base system branch, where
it doesn't save settings from form after press on next)

communication is planned to changed, as some artifact remain from
previous implementation (and maybe we should better use ActiveResource
abilities)

Can you share more details please ?

OK, after discussion with mkudlvasr it now contains two fields. First
one is step definition which is array of strings.
Strings is path to redirect.

You're making assumption about how an URL is contructed, this will
break with future updates. Better specify by controller/action.

OK...and without action is it OK to fallback to index action?

second field is boolean which indicate if first boot is already done.

I think this was discussed in a thread last week already and is not
needed iirc.

I do as we I understand from your mail:
quote:
"This belongs to the backend as non-privileged information. It can be
as simple as touching a file (e.g. below /etc/webyast).
As long as the file does not exist, the user is forced into the
basic setup workflow after login.
If the file exists, the user is redirected to the controlpanel
after login.
"

It is simple checking of file existency, but this information must be on
rest-service side, so in xml is result of File.exist?...I think it is
efficient. It ask only once after login to steps and finish. If finished
then ignore steps and if not yet finished follow steps. I must somehow
get information from backend that for target system finish its base setup.

Klaus
---

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast modules language
and time