Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:21:07 +0200
Dne 18.8.2009 19:53, Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
[...]
I still don't get while you insist that reading a config file needs
root privileges.

Actually reading it as root is a side effect. I'd like to keep the functionality
in one module.

We already have

boolean Service::Restart(string service),
boolean Service::Stop(string service),
map Service::Info (string name),
integer Service::Status (string name),

which already work with LSB services, why this functions should not be enhanced
work also with custom services?

I mean if Service::Restart() doesn't find a LSB service it could search for a
custom
service.

This way we can simply hide the implementation details about custom services.
More over the standard Yast Runlevel editor would work with custom services
automatically, users could change them locally even without WebYaST...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák
Yast Developer