Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:53:20 +0200
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Aug 18. 2009 18:29]:
Dne 18.8.2009 15:12, Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):

I strongly believe leaving the YaPI layer untouched and doing a simle
'YAML.load(...)' in the webservice controller has far lower effort.

+ for YaPI is security for free and using existing DBUS service

Calling YAML::LoadFile from Perl is equally simple as YAML.load in ruby,
isn't
it

Not quite. By depending on perl:YaML you're adding a new package
dependency. We
have to be extra careful with WebYaST external dependencies and check for
maintenance coverage.

And what about using yast2-ruby-bindings? We could create a small Yast module
written
in Ruby which reads a Yaml file and returns a Hash or Array (which would be
converted
to YCPMap or YCPList by the bindings).

This approach doesn't need any extra package, YAML is a part of the Ruby
standard
library.

I still don't get while you insist that reading a config file needs
root privileges.

Klaus
---