Re: [yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:12:50 +0200
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Aug 18. 2009 15:06]:

Reading custom_services.yml does not need privileges.

No, at least not for Read. But if I'd need it for Execute, there's no point
in
reading it at two places.

You read it (unprivileged) in the service controller an pass that
value (the command to execute) down to the scr bash agent.

No need to make any changes an the YaPI layer.

I strongly believe leaving the YaPI layer untouched and doing a simle
'YAML.load(...)' in the webservice controller has far lower effort.

+ for YaPI is security for free and using existing DBUS service

Calling YAML::LoadFile from Perl is equally simple as YAML.load in ruby,
isn't
it

Not quite. By depending on perl:YaML you're adding a new package
dependency. We have to be extra careful with WebYaST external
dependencies and check for maintenance coverage.

Klaus
---