Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:56:25 +0200
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 18. 2009 14:50]:
On 08/18/2009 01:55 PM, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 18. 2009 12:35]:

Yes, it is similar how I implemented it now except, that it remember
done steps in backend and not session, so if you configure two modules
and another three remain, then you can just after new login configure
remaining three.

I fail to see the need for this. Storing such status in the backend
either needs an extension to every service or a separate 'workflow
status' service.

Yes, separate workflow service, but I find it useful, because if you set
only part of settings and want continue another day, it is possible.

Thats too little value for too much work, I'm afraid.

And it also support business case for companies where each employer
configure another part and have another permissions. If we store
completed settings in session it is not possible to have rest-service
where one technician should set time, timezone and second one root
password and error mail.

So called 'separation of duty' is required in big enterprise scenarios
and WebYaST covers this with PolicyKit.

I strongly suggest to leave it that way.

Klaus
---