Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Network CIM Model
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:52:12 +0200
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 02:49:31PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Well, modeling _is_ _hard_. Thats one of the reasons I'd like us to
look at existing models instead of inventing our own.
[...]
The initial proposal
(http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2009-08/msg00042.html) was fine,
just adapt the class and attribute names (to whats used in CIM) and use
REST pathes for the dependencies.

I and Miso have tried to continue with this. It is taking too long,
and I think that we face two options:
1) use the CIM model properly (simplified (denormalized) or not). It
will take us very long and it will be hard to use
2) use CIM so-so, not to spend too much time on it.
If it looks like CIM, some people will be put off by its complexity
(actual or reputed). Those who won't will be disappointed by the
inaccuracies in our simplifications.

So I propose to go ahead with prototyping the non-CIM interface that
we sent as v1 (or some small improvement of it).
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner