Re: [yast-devel] Webyast base system model proposal
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:25:10 +0200
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 17. 2009 13:19]:

I do not think that this requires a REST service. Calling configuration
modules in a specific order is pure client side (web ui) functionality
imho.

I think client side is not sufficient as you must somewhere store what
is already configured and what missing.

The respective backend service should be able to report its status. I
fail to see the need for keeping this information in a separate
database (resp. service).

Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious, though ...

[...]

I plan use "configuration needed" for wizard purpose, so when
configuration needed is set then via layout (I plan discuss it with our
external consultant) show next/back(?) buttons and after clicking on
next is stored that this part of configuration is done.

This looks more like a generic 'workflow' or 'wizard'. Thats something
for our UI guys ;-) (Robert L., Martin S.). Pleass have them involved.

So this state say only that we want show navigation thrue basic
settings.

Ah, so you're storing the 'step' (index into basesystemsteps.conf) in
the session ?!

This navigation then ensure information for backend that user configure
it. We use it because system is already set to some default and some
users just want confirm settings ( also it helps in complicated
modules).

Agreed.

It is same as in first boot when some pages is shown and after next is
shown next page.

I don't quite understand this.

What should be confusing is that next button doesn't save settings.
User must save it before continue to next page.

Agreed. "Next" should always be identical to "Ok" (in 'edit' dialogs) and
save changes.

Klaus
---