Re: [yast-devel] status modul - xml
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:35:04 +0200
* Bjoern Geuken <bgeuken@xxxxxxx> [Aug 14. 2009 11:10]:
On Friday 14 August 2009 10:57:45 Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Given that values are sampled with a constant interval, it should be
possible to separate timestamps from the values.

But that's not allways the case. When someone asks the rest-service for
values
of a longer period, eg. 5 hours it might happen that the oldest data have an
interval of 70 secs while the newest got 10 secs interval.

Doesn't RRDtool resample and adapt intervals as one increases the
period ?

And I doubt that a 10 secs interval has any value on a 5 hours scale ;-)

I strongly believe that we should look into ways to decrease the
amount of data for the monitoring service. Currently, its a lot of xml
generation and parsing going on, not to mention the bandwidth.

Klaus
---