Re: [yast-devel] vendor specific module
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:15:28 +0200
On Thursday 13 August 2009 15:58:11 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Well, naming it 'module' is a bit confusing. What Fate#306713
([webyast] Link to Application-Specific Web UI) asks for is a link to
a vendor web ui running on a different port.

So this is similar to a normal html 'href' but should open a new
browser tab (resp. window) to make the difference apparent.

right now we can link to other application modules using the shortcuts.

The missing part would be to also read shortcuts from a more standard location
and not only from the plugin directory. But nothing right now prevents for
adding a full url path. Now, how to enter the port without saying the host
(the host should be the "same" :-)

Additionally we can add attributes like:
- whether to open in a new window?
- ....

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST