Re: [yast-devel] shutdown restart functionality
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:38:41 +0200
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Aug 12. 2009 14:17]:
Hi,

concerning the shutdown/restart functionality of webYaST I`d like to
propose to do it in a similar way as it is done on the desktop instead
of creating a single module.

Well, you need a (web client) module to expose the functionality to a
browser. But you don't need a separate dialog page.

How this solution might look like can be viewed at:
http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Concept_restart_shutdown_logout_1.odp

Better use
http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/1/11/Concept_restart_shutdown_logout_1.odp
;-)

Please (also) provide .png (or .jpg) files for those readers without
OpenOffice_org installed.

Just click on "Exit" in the upper right corner and then a pop up appears
which asks the user how he would like to end the session:
* logout: just ends the session and returns to login screen
* restart: restarts the system and prompts a login screen
* shutdown: shuts down the system

The caption is misleading as it asks "How do you want to exit your
session?" so the "restart" and "shutdown" options seem to be related
to the session.

[...]

Looking forward to your comments,

Check with our web designers what they suggest.

Klaus
---