Re: [yast-devel] Links: Caching in Rails
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:10:38 +0200
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 13:36:03 Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Hi all,

I have implemented caching in the patches controller (in the REST service),
the index method result is cached now. This speeds up reloading the main
page (control panel) and clicking "Updates" shows the available patches
faster.

The first run takes more than 4 seconds on my machine, the following calls
take about 70ms so this is a huge improvement...

(The cache is valid for 5 minutes or until RPM DB or repo metadata are
updated.)

Amazing!

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST