[yast-devel] Links: Caching in Rails
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:36:03 +0200
Hi all,

I have implemented caching in the patches controller (in the REST service), the
method result is cached now. This speeds up reloading the main page (control
panel)
and clicking "Updates" shows the available patches faster.

The first run takes more than 4 seconds on my machine, the following calls take
about
70ms so this is a huge improvement...

(The cache is valid for 5 minutes or until RPM DB or repo metadata are updated.)

If you are interested in caching in Rails here are some links:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html
http://railsenvy.com/2007/2/28/rails-caching-tutorial
http://railsenvy.com/2007/3/20/ruby-on-rails-caching-tutorial-part-2
http://thewebfellas.com/blog/2008/6/9/rails-2-1-now-with-better-integrated-caching