[yast-devel] TraditionalYaST: searching YaST modules by keywords
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:43:14 +0200
YaST hackers,

I've just finished implementing ground for feature #305845 [1], that is
support for defining additional keywords for YaST module and querying those
(in addition to module names) in (Qt4) control centre search.

However, to put the feature really into practice, I need your help. It is very
simple: all you have to do is to modify .desktop file(s) your YaST module
ships by adding a new key-value pair to it. The key name is 'X-SuSE-YaST-
Keywords' (to conform to xdg standards [2]) and its value is comma-separated
list of words describing the function of the module.

Example:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
//those you already have
Name=Flinstones
GenericName=Modern Stone Age Family
//this you will need to add
X-SuSE-YaST-Keywords=fred,wilma,barney,betty

I'm sure you know best which keywords to put in in order to make it easier for
the users to find the module :)
Thanks for the cooperation.

hB.

[1] https://features.opensuse.org/305845