Re: [yast-devel] RFC: splitting yast2-core package
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:02:01 +0200
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
[...]
This makes updating or compiling the interpreter more complicated and the
DBus service is always installed (even when not needed) which is bad from
security point of view.

Um, I meant the YaST DBus service, not DBus itself.

Do we really have situations where a system is usable without DBus? At least
for openSUSE I'm not aware of a working system without DBus - do you?

The YaST DBus service runs as root, so it should be installed only when really
needed...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k