Re: [yast-devel] webyast, some issues
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:19:24 +0200
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. schrieb:
So, another round of tests :-)

- Permissions setup

In theory, there are 2 groups of permissions:

- the ones for the service, which allows it to read policykit permisions, execute scr/YaST calls, and do some packagekit stuff.

- the per service ACLs, which represent resources, and that ones are used by the service to check if the logged user has permission (when it is a pam user), which are executed by the service if the user is authorized by using his powers coming from the permissions above.

To quicly setup the permissions, policyKit-rights.rb uses polkit-auth $user --
explicit to see what permissions are on. This option excludes permissions set by adding a match tag on PolicyKit.conf, is that intented?

The same things does then the system_check tag, which complains that some actions are not authorized for current user, even if they are using PolicyKit.conf (which is not explicit).
I think we should not use PolicyKit.conf at all. It has been a workaround only
during the beginning of WebYaST.
CCing Marcus and Ludwig here :-)

- Login slow

It seems the health status (or something else) takes some time, and makes the impression login would take forever.
Yes you are right. Patch evaluation takes so long. I think that will be a nice
task for Ajax :-)
- tests

How are tests in all plugins supposed to be run? I am confused with some tasks being at the top-level, others shared in webservice-tasks, others specific to the webclient or service, and other stuff is implemented in script/something (why not a task?)

- How is, in a similar fashion packaging done? (in order to integrate it to hudson).

Duncan

Stefan Schubert
SUSE LINUX GmbH - Maxfeldstrasse 5 - D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: schubi@xxxxxxx