Re: [yast-devel] Larger change on webclient side, run "rake db:migrate"
  • From: josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:47:49 +0200
Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Klaus Kaempf schrieb:
Hi,

if you 'git pull' on webservice, you'll most probably have to run a
"rake db:migrate" afterwards.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Klaus
---

Hm, I am getting the db:migrate frame although I have run "rake db:reset"

Processing HostsController#index (for 127.0.0.1 at 2009-07-14 17:58:35)
[GET]
Parameters: {"action"=>"index", "controller"=>"hosts"}
Host Load (0.0ms) SQLite3::SQLException: no such table: hosts: SELECT
* FROM "hosts"
Redirected to http://0.0.0.0:3000/migrate

db:reset takes care about schema.rb which has been removed.
Without removing schema.rb db:migrate does not take care about the
migrations files.

Is here a "chicken <->egg" problem ? :-)

Greetings
Stefan

I think that removing schema.rb is not good step and cornelius also said
it on Prague rails workshop. It intention is for new developers, they
don't need run all migration scripts, just use db:load:schema (not sure
how exactly rake task looks) that set db to latest version.
My solution for problems with db is drop db (or manualy remove) then
create it via db:create and then apply all migrations. Then it works
(for future update released product we should not make so complex
transformation that rake db:migrate have problems).
Josef