[yast-devel] DVD - insert/change request procedure
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:57:23 -0400
Hi,

Is there a canned way to request the user to insert the next DVD? When SUSE was distributed on multiple CD-ROMs this existed, is this stuff still around and easy to use from a shell script?

I am working on a project that requires more than 1 DVD. Once the stuff from the 1st DVD is installed the system will boot from the hard drive. Once the system is up and running I need the user to insert the 2nd DVD to get the data. Thus I am looking for an easy way to get a dialog posted, the DVD mounted etc, such that I can just copy the data to where I need it to be.

Thanks,
Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx 781-464-8147