Re: [yast-devel] Unsetting autologin from a script
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:50:59 -0400

Jir(í Suchomel wrote:
On Friday 10 of July 2009 20:10:12 Robert Schweikert wrote:
I am working on a project creating an appliance using kiwi. The
appliance has a software config step that is automatically kicked of
when it is first installed on the hardware. Thus I am setting up
autologin mechanism. Once the configuration is done I would like to
remove the autologin mechanism. Is there a convenient way to do this or
do I need to write a script to change /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager?

Hi Robert,
- first: I'm not sure why do you have autologin already set - does this happen during that software config or is it already preconfigured in your kiwi config files? Do you need it for same cases, or why do you actually enable it?
The initial auto login is pre-configured in my kiwi image. It needs to be enable to automatically start a setup procedure.
Than: for disabling autologin, are you looking for non-interactive way or do you mean just all the regular ways how to do it? I don't know about non-interactive solutions, so your custom script may well be the best solution. Other way could e.g. be running 'yast2 users' module and disabling autologin from "Login Settings" menu.
I was looking for non-interactive solutions. I wrote a script to change etc/sysconfig/diaplaymanager.

Thanks,
Robert
Jiri

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX