Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST developers: check return values of YaST::ServiceResource.proxy_for
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:12:43 +0200
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jul 14. 2009 09:46]:
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Hi,

as we have a distributed application with WebYaST, the frontend part
actually has to check if the backend part is complete and behaves
correctly.

So whenever you request a backend resource, check if it actually
exists !

Klaus
Hi,
I don't know if you want it, but now doesn't work proxies in webyast,
but it is ideal for testing. I find that almost all modules use same
functionality and to simplify and ensure same behavior for modules I add
in
http://git.opensuse.org/?p=projects/yast/web-client.git;a=commit;h=904de56ce465b79a2152254cc8f7299b656f176a

Yes, having common functionality for all plugins to share is very
helpful. Whats needed then is good documentation and examples.

Btw., common functionality should go to lib/. Then it can be tested
standalone and doesn't bloat the ApplicationController.

Klaus

As it set some fields of controller and uses logger from controller I
think that this is good place for it. If I move it to library, then it
must be some module, which is include to controller and at least need
two more lines of code to include this functionality.
On documentation I plan work after demo release, as now I prefer good
functionality. (I also plan edit skeletons to reflect current state)

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team