Re: [yast-devel] Unsetting autologin from a script
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:07:56 +0200
On Friday 10 of July 2009 20:10:12 Robert Schweikert wrote:
I am working on a project creating an appliance using kiwi. The
appliance has a software config step that is automatically kicked of
when it is first installed on the hardware. Thus I am setting up
autologin mechanism. Once the configuration is done I would like to
remove the autologin mechanism. Is there a convenient way to do this or
do I need to write a script to change /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager?

Hi Robert,
- first: I'm not sure why do you have autologin already set - does this happen
during that software config or is it already preconfigured in your kiwi
config files? Do you need it for same cases, or why do you actually enable
it?

Than: for disabling autologin, are you looking for non-interactive way or do
you mean just all the regular ways how to do it? I don't know about
non-interactive solutions, so your custom script may well be the best
solution. Other way could e.g. be running 'yast2 users' module and disabling
autologin from "Login Settings" menu.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960