Re: [yast-devel] WebYast - UI testing (status report)
  • From: josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:16:48 +0200
Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
Hi all,

here is my report about UI testing of web applications.

I checked two possible testing systems - Watir and Selenium.

(Note: I haven't tested Selenium fully yet, this document just describes the
current
status, I'll continue the next week.)

<snip/>

Hi, It is required to use ruby for testing web applications?
When I at school play with web testing tools I find that there is few
problems with it.
First one is testing AJAX reactions, when some tools doesn't survive
java script (or some type of java script) on page ( often throw exception).
Second one is that sometime this tools needs some manual tuning to be
enough robust to test after design changes ( like unnecessary parent id
of tag ).
Third one is that sometime act different from browser and that make hard
to create regression tests for specific browser (like if we support
opera and that interpret something different then firefox).
Because it is hard to find good web testing tool maybe we should try
also tools that doesn't create ruby testing code.
JR