Re: [yast-devel] messing with /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:22:09 +0200
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:03:56AM +0200, Stefan Schubert wrote:
The permissions will be set via polkit-auth. Patching PolicyKit.conf
has been a workaround only. ( Perhaps just for developping)

Yes, polkit-auth, but that is the low level tool for it. I found
this:
ruby rest-service/dist/policyKit-rights.rb --user $USER --action grant
Where USER is set by your shell to yourself and it works for the
case where you run the rest service as yourself (the RPM runs it as
yastws).

Also, at some time our scripts used to mess with PolicyKit.conf.
RPMs must not do that. Is that removed by now?

This was in former version of the rest-service ( RPM postinstall)
But the latest version does not have this PolicyKit.conf changes
anymore.

Good, thanks.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer