Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST data model
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:16:10 +0200
On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 10:01:54AM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
yesterday's commit by jsuchome (model adapted to the YaST data structure,
see http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-commit/2009-07/msg00158.html)

A more readable version of the commit:

http://git.opensuse.org/?p=projects/yast/rest-service.git;a=commitdiff;h=3ccb8e3bf1b38c051b07b2555115c54d13879926

- Limit the attribute types to
- numerical (int, float)
- string
- boolean
- array (list)
- hash (map)

Hash is probably questionable as it might be more useful to use
a separate class for this. Its probably a case-by-case decision.

OK, I understand that as ruling out the YaST specialties (path,
symbol, term). Or is this in Ruby context? Then what are we leaving
out?

- Document the resource class

rDoc (http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html) is included with Ruby
and quite useful for in-line documentation.

Yes. "rake rdoc"

- Make the resource introspectable

This is mostly covered by ActiveRecord itself, we're still missing
a classification on what a resource represents (i.e. 'logical
device', 'physical device', 'identity' (user), etc.). Proposals
welcome !

I don't understand what introspection you mean. Example? URL?
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner