Re: [yast-devel] Webyast and jrails plugin
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:14:33 +0200
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jul 07. 2009 09:35]:
Hi,
after short discussion on ruby-dev channel and my attempt to write ajax
remote call in jquery, I found that if we use jrails plugin we don't
break anything as current script.aulo helpers break jquery stuff and
cannot be used. So if developer want use rails helper, jrails at least
don't break jquery functionality and if it doesn't work they can
always use pure jquery without any helpers.
Does anyone have any opinion why don't add jrails plugin? (and if so,
then please specify fully working jquery stuff that act as observer ajax
helper :)

The key question is maintainability. I'm all for jQuery (and jrails)
as long as someone steps up and is willing to handle L3 calls on it.

Klaus
---

If we want ajax functionality, then it must be somehow handle and I
think that for us is better to handle ajax calls in one separated
plugin, then have different more or less working jquery functions in code.
Then plugin developers could use only helpers which is quite intuitive
and all problems could be solved in one place.
Also this plugin contain two years of using this library and fixing
bugs in it and we should use this knowledge. And at least community
around this plugin is quite active.
So answer is yes, I am willing to maintain this plugin if is needed as
I prefer maitaining this plugin then maintaining jquery ajax calls in
plugins.

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team