[yast-devel] Yast webclient - template helpers (translations, output formatters)
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:03:18 +0200

Hi,

Another thing I noticed is that the webclient plugins do
not use any shared code for generating HTML output or for translations.

I defined some helpers in web-client/webclient/app/helpers/application_helper.rb
file. These helpers are automatically available in all webclient templates.

There is e.g. 'delete' => _("Delete") helper, and more should be added. The
translators will translate the common texts just once not per plugin package.

Moreover I added 'simple_table' helper for generating overview table
(optionally with
Add/Edit/Delete links), it's already used in samba_server plugin. It's not a
generic
function for creating any table layout, but for major yast overview dialogs it
should
be sufficient.

I wanted to define some namespaces for the helpers, like Label for delete, but I
failed. Rails could not find the functions in the namespace, any idea why?
(I can send a patch if needed...)

Again, we should share as much code as possible. So if you think that the code
which
you just have written could be used in some other plugin move it to the base
webclient package (and don't forget to document it well).

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer