[yast-devel] Prague YaST team meeting 2009-02-12
  • From: Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:22:20 +0100

Minutes from Prague YaST Team Meeting: 2009-02-12
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Team

Present: jkupec, jreidinger, jsrain, jsuchome, juhliarik,
kmachalkova, locilka, lslezak, mvidner, mzugec
Minutes: jkupec
Next Minutes: jsrain

bootloader (juhliarik)
* fixing slow installaton problems on an HP machine with huge amount
of disks (1300+) - the fix will go to openSUSE 11.2 only.

partitioner (kmachalkova)
* Suitable default sysconfig setting of hidden fields can reduce
the amount of presented (advanced) information and help to simplify
partitioner UI for home users. The option to change partitioner
settings to display more details will be still available for power
users.

package manager, ncruses (kmachalkova)
* menu for setting the type of action to be done at the end
of installation added (read-only until some C/C++/command-line
sysconfig writer will be available - maybe augeas?)

YaST d-bus service (lslezak)
* Still WIP. It will provide two interfaces - a simple one using native
DBus types (but some YCP types or values cannot be transferred)
and an interface using an encoded structure for each value
(with full support for all YCP values, but obviously more complicated
for use).

printer (mzugec)
* printer module now supports auto-installation (AutoYaST)

misc
* mvidner investigated the pros and cons of using *augeas* instead
of some YaST agents. http://augeas.net/
* zypper bash completion improved (jreidinger)
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/02/12/zypper-improved-bash-completion-and-practical-usage/
* jkupec visited FOSDEM, made presentation about zypper
* we do not mention licensing in our sources - should we include some
in the headers of all source code files?

misc bugfixes
* SLED installation with autoconfig did not run Online Update (locilka)
* some fixes in core documentation (mvidner)
* fixes in s390-tools scripts (mzugec)