Re: [yast-devel] user readable logging
  • From: Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:16:27 +0100
2009/2/13 Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>:
What level of complexity should be presented to user? Should we log the real
actions, just like commands passed to system agent or rather the explanations
of the actions taken? Or both?

I have also always wanted this function :-)

From my point of view, please keep it clean and simple. Logg commands
passed to the system.
If that log is present , then there is always the possibility to work
on that log later to educate us.

Perhaps a KDE-Edu application that could be made to work on the log?
Or a small programming competition that makes an Yast-Educator module
:-)

Regars / birger