Re: [yast-devel] Re: Timeout problem in SCR DBus service
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:01:52 +0100
Klaus Kaempf schrieb:
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Feb 06. 2009 17:48]:
Hi all,

Klaus has noticed that it takes quite long time to process requests by the SCR
DBus
service. I have noticed that in the past too but I didn't pay attention to
this, I
thought that DBus is so slow...
I have recognized that the call is slow only if the service will be started. Requests to a
already running SCR DBus server are MUCH more faster.
As far I have understood checks the SCR DBus service periodically if the process which
is using the service is still running. If not, the service will be shutdown.
As the YaST-Webservice is running all the time this shutdown will not happen until the
YaST-Webservice will be stoped.
Bug, or feature...This is discussable:-)

But lets see if the fix of Ladislav will also change the speed of a already running
SCR DBus service. At least the startup is much more faster now.

Thank you Klaus and Ladislav for finding out !!!!!!!

Greetings
Stefan

Now I have found the problem: connection.setTimeout() in Yast calls
dbus_connection_read_write() function which should wait for an incoming DBus
message
or timeout (after 5 seconds in this case).

Stefan Schubert
SUSE LINUX GmbH - Maxfeldstrasse 5 - D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: schubi@xxxxxxx