Re: [yast-devel] Re: Timeout problem in SCR DBus service
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:45:26 +0100
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Feb 06. 2009 18:23]:
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Feb 06. 2009 17:48]:
[...]
Actually, I wonder why this timeout is needed at all.

The service needs to be terminated after some time. You definitely do not
want to
have a running Yast in the background forever. (Well, it's not complete Yast,
only
the SCR part, but still...) The service is started automatically by DBus, but
it's
not terminated automatically.

The timeout is needed for automatic shutdown.

The SCR service waits for an incoming message and exits when there is no new
request and the last client exited at least 30 seconds ago.

I believe this is what the alarm(30) call in DBusServer::resetTimer
does. This seems to be signal based and independant of the
dbus_connection_read_write timeout value.

Klaus
---