[yast-devel] Re: Timeout problem in SCR DBus service
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:59:36 +0100
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Feb 06. 2009 17:48]:

Hi all,

Klaus has noticed that it takes quite long time to process requests by the
SCR DBus
service. I have noticed that in the past too but I didn't pay attention to
this, I
thought that DBus is so slow...

Now I have found the problem: connection.setTimeout() in Yast calls
dbus_connection_read_write() function which should wait for an incoming DBus
message
or timeout (after 5 seconds in this case).

Actually, I wonder why this timeout is needed at all.

DBusServer.cc implements a 'busy' loop, iterating on each received
message or after a timeout. So with a 5 sec timeout, you run the loop
every 5 seconds (at least). But I fail to see the value in this.

Klaus, Schubi, please test the patch, I'd like to submit it to RC4 on
monday...

I will try your patch over the weekend and will also test with 'no
timeout' (passing a -1 value).

Thanks for looking into this !

Klaus