[yast-devel] Prague YaST team meeting 2008-01-29
  • From: Michal Zugec <mzugec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:25:18 +0100
Minutes of Prague YaST Team Meeting: 2009-01-29
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Team

Present: jkupec, jreidinger, jsrain, jsuchome, juhliarik,
kmachalkova, locilka, lslezak, mvidner, mzugec
Minutes: mzugec
Next Minutes: jkupec

add-on-creator
--------------
Generate metadata for release packages (bnc#466327)

zypp (zypper/libzypp?)
----
- API for reading history log
- zypp credential manager for zypp

bootloader
----------
- bootloader now uses internal map instead of direct output from
udevinfo - better to debug
- because of internal bootloader metadata, we can drop metadata from ycp

UI
--
- QSplitter - in Qt installation user can hide "installation steps"
(submitted for 11.2)

partitioner
-----------
- implemented deleting of all disk partitions (all logical volumes in a
volume group) at once.

y2-webpin
---------
- full history, not only last search + tabbed browsing. See also:
http://hedgehogpainter.livejournal.com/4686.html

sw_single
---------
- new client for sw_single in addon (open module with selected packages,
patterns, ... etc)
- there is option in sysconfig to keep opening or close UI after
install selected packages
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2009-01/msg00492.html

backup
------
- new agent .system.freespace (in package yast2)

Installation
------------
- new InstError YCP module for reporting errors during installation
(also contains links to Bugreporting Howto, Bugzilla...)
- currently used for catching inst_finish scripts errors

ssh
---
- removed PasswordAuth option from UI

sound
-----
- in case of several channels with same name, yast will add also index
as part of identifier

url
---
- URL.ycp now has support for IPv6

D-bus
-----
- yast webservice - API to call (via) D-bus (?)

button labels