Re: [yast-devel] Install server
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:39:24 +0100
Hello,

Birger Kollstrand wrote:
Hi,

Just a quick question on the Yast Install server. Please direct me to other
lists
if this one is the wrong for this question.

This list is for Yast developers, use factory for general Yast questions.

I installed a server with the boxed edition and set up an install server. When
adding the dual layer DVD as install medium it took both the 32 bit an 64 bit
in
to one folder. Is this behaviour correct and if so, how shall the client
choose
the righ version?

Yes, this is correct.

It depends on the running kernel during installation. If you boot 32-bit kernel
the
installer will install i586 RPMs, if you boot 64-bit kernel x86_64 RPMs will be
installed.

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k