[yast-devel] Writting to SCR before system installed
  • From: Lee Leahu <lee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:06:15 -0600
Hi List,

I'm developing a module that will run as part of the autoyast installation
workflow.

It prompts the user for certain details that are only know at the time of auto
installation.

I've already included that module and a blank /etc/sysconfig/file file
into the Installation System's cramfs image.

The process that I designed works like this:
- when autoyast starts, ask the user for the settings
- use SCR to save the settings to /etc/sysconfig/file
- just before the system is rebooted, copy the /etc/sysconfig/file to the
installed hard drive.

Here's the prompt. With step #2, I call SCR::Write but it doesn't write! I
don't see any errors /var/log/YaST2/y2log either.

Yet, if I run the module manually it rights fine.

In both test cases, I'm starting the install using the ssh remote installation
method of SLES10. This allows me to log in and fire off yast2 or the custom
module itself at will.

Any thoughts? The module is due soon and I don't want to disappoint.

Thanks!

--
Lee Leahu Home Office: 1-815-630-2349
RICIS, Inc. Cell Phone: 1-847-337-3422