Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] System Ugrade: Previously Used Repositories
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:53:29 +0100
Martin Vidner wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:15:12PM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
That would require to initialize the repository at first and then
download an optional file from there, then delete the repository again
and register a new one provided by that file.

Funny how simple things have become. I thought it would be as
complicated as one HTTP GET :-(

HTTP::Get("myurl", Directory::tmpdir + "/myurl.out"); // (yast2-transfer)

Yes, this solution looks quite simple but the "myurl" might be a bit
tricky if it is not a HTTP-based repository. NFS needs to be mounted
first, CD/DVD too, what about Samba? (etc.) And additionally, the
repository uses "URL" + "Product Path".

Funny how simple things become complicated when you have a lot of
possibilities and "exceptions" - that's why we use libzypp (sharing the
code at one place) instead of installing packages using the plain RPM.

Lukas