Re: [yast-devel] yast2-qt Title Bar Enhancements
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:41:51 +0200
Hi, Thomas,

SetDesktopTitle searches for the desktop file in the
directory /usr/share/applications/YaST2 and retrieves the localized
name. This string is shown in the window title with a prepended
"YaST2".

Please let me know if you have any objections, suggestions or questions.

Few comments:

* What happens to ncurses dialog title? I assume nothing (it'll be not
overwritten), as ncurses use YCP version of Wizard and do not inherit from
YWizard.
In any case, Wizard::SetDesktopTitle should, instead of failing silently in UI
where UI::WizardCommand is not implemented (in this case ncurses), either log
a warning (as the very minimum) or provide some fallback functionality

* As setDialogTitle function is purely virtual in YWizard, yast2-gtk currently
does not build because YGWizard (which inherits from YWizard) does not
reimplement it.

* Is there any special reason, why .yast2.desktop agent configuration is
copy-pasted to Wizard?

* In Wizard::SetDesktopTitle: it is a good practice, once you register agent
(SCR::RegisterAgent), to unregister it, once you don't need it anymore. Or is
it not unregistered on purpose?

B. Nuisance of the Year
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova