[yast-devel] yast2-qt Title Bar Enhancements
  • From: Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:58:10 +0200
I've added some enhancements to the title bar shown by the window
manager in yast2-qt. Until now yast2-qt windows had names like YaST,
YaST <2>, YaST <3>... That made it difficult to keep an overview of the
open YaST modules.

Most modules with wizards have there own desktop file with an icon and a
list of localized names. The icon has been displayed in the title bar
for a long time. The localized name can be used for the window title by
now (libyui 2.17.12, qt 2.17.12, yast2 2.17.34).

The command to make this happen is pretty simple. Similar to
SetDesktopIcon you can use SetDesktopTitle to set the window title of a
wizard.

Example:
Wizard::SetDesktopTitle("lan");

SetDesktopTitle searches for the desktop file in the
directory /usr/share/applications/YaST2 and retrieves the localized
name. This string is shown in the window title with a prepended
"YaST2".

If we want to benefit from this enhancement I'd like to ask the
maintainers who use wizards to add this single line.

Please let me know if you have any objections, suggestions or questions.

Thanks
Thomas