Re: [yast-devel] [11.0] Module list
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:32:02 +0200
Lars Behrens napsal(a):
[...]
"Can I change the ipv6 settings via script?" > yast -l
"Ok, where could it be? network?" > yast lan longhelp
"Hmm, can't find nothing, where else could it be?"
...to be continued...

Maybe there's webpage with a list of modules and commands/options

There no such complete overview, you have to query each module separately.

I tried to make a script (using xargs to query all modules automatically, but it
failed because some modules do not support command line and they want to open
a dialog...

Anyway, the functionality will be very likely implemented in few modules, i.e.
you don't have to run 'yast scanner longhelp' if you are searching for ipv6
option, the amount of the attempts should be small.

I think more likely the feature won't be implemented at all because of limited
support of command line mode in yast modules in general...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák
Yast Developer